Welcome to the Sefaira monthly product update. During the past month of August, we’ve made some important improvements to our products. Read on to learn more.
More Excel Reports and Downloads for Thermal Comfort
You can now check hourly comfort results and download official summaries of performance to excel for all Thermal Comfort studies in Sefaira.
Formatting and file naming make it easy to keep track of your progress within and across projects.
More Results Grid outputs
We’ve added a load of commonly requested outputs into the results grid menu, including:
- Annual Energy Use
- Lighting and Equipment Energy Use
- Results for PMV / ASHRAE 55 and Operative Temperature scores
Improvements and bug fixes
Faster Daylighting Visualization Runs
Some work with parallelization means daylight runs are now coming back faster!
- Low Grid Resolution mode should return about 30-40% faster
- High Grid Resolution mode runs are now less likely to timeout.
Updated Radiance Parameters For Daylighting Visualization
We recently completed a thorough review of rendering parameters used throughout the industry. Our goal was to align our results with widely accepted Radiance inputs without sacrificing run speed. The review informed new Sefaira rendering parameters that:
- Largely maintain our typical analysis speeds of less than 2 mins,
- Closely track results from high-fidelity rendering parameters, and
- Reduce instances of “light leakage”.
More detail on results from this study is available here.
More responsive interactions in Web Application
A substantial code re-write and tidy up means the web application is now noticeably faster, especially when
- Clicking between iterations,
- Using and adjusting controls in the user interface, and
- Re-organizing iterations and groups in the results grid.
Clearer Out-of-range Messaging
Sliders now all accept out-of-range values in the web application if you want to test something atypical. A new warning and input coloring helps communicate when you have done this.
VRF Control adjustments
VRF controls for system mode (heating or cooling) have been changed and are now based on “load priority”. This change prevents poorly chosen master zones from causing VRF energy use to be reported as unrealistically low.
Support For Revit 2018
Sefaira is now compatible with Revit 2018. You may be directed to update your plugin here: http://learn.sefaira.com/architecture/plugin-installation/#revit
End of Life for Old Architecture Web Application
Our transition away from our old Architecture Web Application continues. Key dates:
- September 15, 2017 is the last day to create new projects in the old web application
- April 15, 2018 is the last day the old web application and its projects will be available.